Tuesday, December 08, 2015

Visit Indonesia: Bali 2015 Trip (PART 1)

I believe some of you know Bali. Yup! The island of gods located in Indonesia. This island is known for its’ natural scenery, temples, sunset, culture, food,and peacefulness, even their night-life. It gains more popularity from international tourist after the movie “Eat, Pray, and Love”, premiered. Bali has ever been a difficult time after the bomb attack in 2006. After the restoration, Bali became more popular than the capital city of Indonesia. If anyone knows about Indonesia, they only knew about Bali and nasi goreng.

Last October I visited Bali for the 3rd time. This time, I travel from Lombok to Bali by plane. It took only 30 minutes if you took Lion Air. My purpose to Bali was to meet my friends and eat! I’ve been very bored with the food in Lombok, so I intended to eat lots of food in Bali. 

I’ve created a video of my culinary trip to Bali and posted on my Youtube channel. You can see the video directly to my Youtube (I can't attached the video here, idk why. It's my third time uploading the video on the blog) channel here. I really appreciate if you give me a thumb’s up. This is my first ever travel video, so your likes really means a lot to make another videos. In this post I’ll tell you more information about the restaurant or stalls that I visited. 

Day 1


I arrived in Bali around 7 PM so it was time for dinner. From the airport, my friends and I went to Bale Udang Mang Engking. This is an Indonesian food restaurant, but there are lots of international tourists. The concept of their interior is very traditional with modern touch. If you went there in the afternoon, it was great for your instagram feed. Their speciality is seafood, especially prawn. They have limited seats if you want to have your meal in the Bale (gazebo), so better make reservation. You can make your reservation from Qraved application or directly call the restaurant. (I’ll put the phone number and address at the end of this post).


This is what "Bale" (Gazebo) looks like.
Day View
Next stop, Yogurt Republic in Legian Street. The yogurt is very bery nice! Especially the strawberry one, I really liked it! If they didn’t weight down the yogurt, I might take 2 or 3 cups. The price depends on the weight of the yogurt plus topping. It is a little bit
pricey, but I do enjoy every scoop of this yummy yogurt. (because in Lombok there is no yogurt house
like this).



Just An Overview
Before heading back to my friend’s place, we went to Sanur, which is very far from Kuta, to try KFC’s Grilled Chicken. The menu is only available in KFC Sanur branch. KFC has the best chicken from all of his contenders, in my opinion. And now, they have a brilliant menu, which I have to try! It was interesting. The grilled chicken is really worth the travel. But unfortunately, they only have 9 pcs left at the time we came. We bought 8 pcs for 6 girls. (yea, I know it kinda crazy. We really a heavy-eater :p )

Day 2

My friends woke up pretty late than what we have planned the night before. But, Menya, Jessica, and I have been awake since 7 am because we want to go to church. That day is my first time riding Grab Car. Basically, Grab Car is an app that functioned that pretty much the same like Uber Taxi. After church, I got my first Starbucks after 4 months completely separated with her. Lol.

Our breakfast on Sunday mid-morning is Pork Satay!!! It’s one of my favorite ways to enjoy pork. Just FYI, I don’t eat Chinese food pork, only Balinese and Korean one. We went to Sate Babi Bawah Pohon (I don't really know their official name) to enjoy the famous pork satay. If you come to Bali you must try that! (But, I don’t recommend for muslim friends and people who can’t eat spicy food).

Next stop is Petitenget. I have a funny story with this name. Petitenget is actually a Balinese name, it is read like this pe-ti-teng-et. At first I read it as a French language (even though I don’t know French that well). My friend laugh at it since it is Balinese! Petitenget is an area name in Bali, but there is a restaurant with the same name. I went there to have lunch, but when we arrived it is still brunch time. We have to wait for 30 minutes if we want to order the lunch menu. Since we can’t wait (we are a little bit impatient), we ordered from the brunch menu, which is yummzy cheese and ham toast and smoked salmon omelet with extra mushroom. We also ordered healthy juices that colored red, yellow, and green. It looks like a traffic light. So cute. :3 The overall food and drink are nice, so I bet the lunch and dinner menu are nice also. I should come back there when it is lunch or dinner time some day.
The Inside Ambiance
The Outside Ambiance
After our second brunch, we went to eat (AGAIN) at Babi Guling Pak Dobiel. Babi Guling is one of the most famous culinary of Bali. It is a pork dish. Very yummy, but pay attention with the chili. Babi Guling Pak Dobiel is located in Nusa Dua. After our small snack (we share 2 portion for 6), we went straight to Tanjung Benoa, Nusa Dua. Tanjung Benoa is popular for water sport activities. There are lots of places which provide it, so you can choose one of them. We went to play banana boat, donuts, flying fish, and paragliding. I recommend you to bargain the price, even if you are international tourist. They can be very expensive if you don’t bargain. We got
some good deals since it was noon already (around 2PM) and it’s low season. It was a fun sunny Sunday. 


We ate KFC Grilled chicken again for our dinner. After dinner we went back to our guest house to send off some of my friends because tomorrow they have to go for work. After sending my friends, the remaining one went to Seminyak. We went to eat ice cream at Gelato Factory in Seminyak. The ice cream was okay and pretty affordable. After ice cream, we went to La Favela. La Favela is a vintage style nightclub. The interior is very fancy and I kinda like it. But, I was trapped that it is a nightclub. I really hate nightclub. I don’t belong and feel comfortable there. As soon as my friends wanted to go to the dance floor, I was into stiff-mode. I don’t wanna clap, move, or sing. I was like a statue. HEHE. On the bright side, the nightclub didn’t require the guest to buy drinks. So, you can enter freely. One thing I like about this place is the interior and
the bathroom. The bathroom is very spacious! And they have a sofa inside. It would be nice if I went there in the afternoon. 



Front View of Gelato Factory. Just in case if it doesn't shown clearly in my video
Mini Rio de Jainero in La Favela
Comparing Night View with Afternoon View
Well guys, I'm going to split the post because I think it will be a very long post and you might bored with it. See you on the next post! :) 

DISCLAIMER: All photos were taken from their official website, except La Favela's. But, in my video, all footage is mine. 


Restaurants' Details:

Bale Udang Mang Engking

Address:

Kuta: Jln. Nakula no. 88, Sunset Road, Kuta 80361, Bali- Indonesia

Ubud: Jln. Raya Goa Gajah, Banjar Teges Kanginan, Desa Peliatan, Ubud, Bali- Indonesia

Phone:

+62 361 894 7119 or +62 361 894 7120 (Kuta Branch)

+62 361 978 754 (Ubud Branch)
Website: www.baleudang.com (you can reserve online!)


Yogurt Republic:

Address: Jln. Legian no. 119, Kuta, Kabupaten Badung, Bali 80361, Indonesia

Website: www.yogurtrepublic.asia


Sate Babi Bawah Pohon

Address: Jln. Patih Jelantik no. 57, Kuta, Kabupaten Badung, Bali 80361, Indonesia


Petitenget

Address: Jln. Petitenget Raya No. 40X, Seminyak, Kabupaten Badung, Bali 80361, Indonesia

Phone: +62 361 4733054 

Website: www.petitenget.net  
Babi Guling Pak Dobiel

Address: Jl. Srikandi No.9, Nusa Dua, Badung, Bali, Indonesia

Phone: +62 361 771633
 

Gelato Factory

Address: Jln. Kayu Aya no. 32, Kabupaten Badung, Bali, Indonesia

Phone: +62 361 739 124

Website: www.gelatofactorybali.com


La Favela

Address: Jln. Kayu Aya no. 177X, Kabupaten Badung, Bali, Indonesia

Phone: +62 361 730 603

Website: www.lafavela.com (they have a 3D animation of their restaurant. Cool!) 

xoxo, 
 photo http___signaturesmylivesignaturecom_54492_379_C38E96F5EC8FDDAE30AAD81FAEC23945.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Search This Blog